Desktop Support Technician 1 for Carenet Healthcare Services in San Antonio, TX
Some responsibilities include:
Description Desktop Support Technician I
The Desktop Support Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Providing technical support to primary office site, remote offices and home office/remote workers.
• Field incoming requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from Carenet internal customers
• Install, configure, and manage Windows 7 workstations.
• Install, configure or troubleshoot applications on workstations
• Install configure or trouble shoot printers
• Assist users on the use of VPN and associated security devices as well as troubleshoot end user issues related to these for work at home users.
• Ensure that all systems are maintained at current patch levels for operating system, browsers, security and applications.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new hardware and software to support end user computing needs.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
• Install and maintain anti-virus software with in house automated tools
• Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Develop and maintain proficiency in the use of company-wide standard software
• Ensure the compliance to enterprise security policy.
• Provide on-call support for a 24×7 operations and be able to work any shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: This is an entry level position. College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 1 year of equivalent work experience would be favorable. Any industry applicable certification (A+, MCP, etc.) would also help distinguish candidates.
To find out more visit Indeed.com and search for the position title and company. Apply now. Jobs go fast!