Central Scheduler for Dupage Medical Group in Lisle, IL
Some responsibilities include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Accepts incoming calls pleasantly and appropriately using assigned greeting and using name
– Pages/contacts providers per established protocols.
– Notifies all related areas when call changes are received.
– Handles switchboard duties as assigned
– Provides after hours support as directed
– Cancels appointments at patient request.
– Determines purpose for call schedules patients in – Epic for Same Day, Same Site, After Hours, and Immediate Care.
– Updates patient information as necessary. Documents current health insurance information and reviews/updates patient demographics.
– References physician and credentialing protocols to assure accurate scheduling.
– Identifies when registration is required at time of call and advises the patient accordingly.
– May assist patients with obtaining appointments at other physician sites and/or scheduling laboratory or radiology testing.
– Researches each patient entry to insure that only one patient record exists by matching designated criteria in the Epic database. Identifies duplicates patients and completes patient merge requests following established guidelines.
– Participates in the collection of patient balances.
– Utilizes materials appropriately when making decisions.
– Participates in the rotation of department responsibilities and performs other projects and duties as related to the organization’s objectives.
Apply now. Jobs go fast!