Mathematics Item Writer for WestEd in United States
Some responsibilities include:
Brief Position Description:
SAAS is seeking qualified individuals who will contribute to the delivery of high-quality products and services in the field of student assessment. Successful candidates will work directly with WestEd Mathematics Content Leads and coordination staff on writing assessment items for a variety of projects. The pay rate of $20.00–$30.00 per item varies based on item type and the project. The Mathematics Item Writer position is a work-at-home position only.
* Write original and unique mathematics assessment items for a variety of WestEd projects. Item types may include selected response, open ended, performance event, free response, and/or technology enhanced. Strong consideration will be given to applicants with experience in writing technology-enhanced items. Ensure that items meet WestEd writing guidelines and specifications as well as project-specific guidelines. Create all required metadata fields associated with each item written.
* Create scoring materials for rubric-scored item types.
* Develop a deep understanding of provided project materials (standards, item specifications, style guides, etc.).
* Work collaboratively with content leads and coordinators assigned to projects.
* Demonstrate growth and improvement as necessary during item writing cycle for each project.
* Participate in kick-off meetings for each project.
* Bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in mathematics or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
* Teaching experience or a background in the application of mathematics content in other settings
* Demonstrated expertise with mathematics content, specifically for grades 3–high school, and the ability to apply expertise in unique contexts
* Working knowledge of rigorous college- and career-ready state standards or the Common Core State Standards for mathematics
* Item writing experience
* Ability to follow detailed rules/guidelines for writing items to be used in large-scale assessments
* Experience writing technology-enhanced items (preferred, but not required)
* Excellent writing skills
* Ability to meet regular deadlines
* Open to feedback and review
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and send files via email and the Internet
* Ability to learn and work in multiple assessment development platforms
To find out more visit Indeed.com and search for the position title and company. Apply now. Jobs go fast!