Voice Captioner for Caption Company in Greenwood Village, CO
Some responsibilities include:
Job Duties (Essential Functions):
Produce near instantaneous transcription of the spoken word into text as close to verbatim as possible using speech recognition technology.
Plan ahead for scheduled programs and events by conducting research related to the correct spelling of words and names, etc. likely to be referenced in the event.
Record notes as needed and as per company procedures.
Participate in ongoing trainings as needed.
Job Requirements :
– Achieved a voice writing certification with high degree of accuracy (98.5% or better). Broadcast captioning specialization preferred. Prior experience may also be considered.
– Experienced in the development and maintenance of a dictionary of news vocabulary
– Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently; a clear speaking voice and excellent enunciation skills
– Dedicated to ongoing process of improving skills throughout career
– Good cultural and news general knowledge
– Detail oriented, follows procedures
– Some technical familiarity with computers
– Able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
– Reliable and punctual; exceptional customer service skills, team player
– Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and able to learn new systems quickly
Apply now. Jobs go fast!