Military New Accounts Analyst for Discover Financial Services in New Castle, DE
Some responsibilities include:
As part of our Military Outreach program, this work at home opportunity is available only for veterans, military personnel and their immediate family. Training will be conducted at our New Castle, Delaware facility; applicants must be willing and able to travel to New Castle, Delaware to participate in 10 weeks of full time on-site, paid training. Training will be conducted Monday through Friday from 1:30pm – 10:00pm (ET). Once the training program is successfully completed, this role will be remote and employees will work from home. There may also be times that you will be required to work from our facilities located in Dover or New Castle Delaware for additional training or development.
Given the limited nature of this special program, all applicants must include their military affiliations on their application.
This would be working directly for Discover Financial Services, not a 3rd party company or through a staffing agency.
Full-time (40 hours/week) or Flex (30-39 hours/week) available!
In this role, your primary function will be assisting customers with applications for our credit card products. During the application process, it is critical to handle the customers’ personal information with sensitivity and confidentiality. Data entry accuracy when entering the customers’ personal information into our secure database is also critical. In this role, our employees will ensure the company is compliant and mitigates risk by reviewing and educating customers of relevant policies, procedures, regulations and legal disclosures.
Key Responsibilities for the Military New Accounts Analyst:
1. Handle inbound and outbound calls.
2. Initiate application and additional verification to complete and/or clarify required information in order to decision applications.
3. Use active listening skills to effectively encourage activation, accounts usage and drive customer engagement.
4. Present alternative offers to customers who do not qualify for original Discover terms.
5. General servicing with an emphasis on being able to overcome objections.
1. Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
2. Have a clear understanding of the Discover Brand.
3. Have a strong desire to provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
4. Scheduling flexibility to meet business needs.
5. Ability to work in a fast paced, goal oriented environment.
6. Previous customer service experience preferred.
7. Ability to meet and exceed productivity requirements.
8. Ability to adapt to changing environment.
9. Strong work ethic.
10. College graduate or currently pursuing degree a plus.
Apply now. Jobs go fast!