Editorial Director for The Grow Network Inc in Red Rock, TX
Some responsibilities include:
Compensation : Commensurate with experience.
Skills and Attributes Needed : (Please don’t apply if you don’t meet these criteria.)
– 5 years editorial experience, preferably in blogging, online news, magazine, and/or internet marketing businesses
– A passion for homegrown food and good health (you have a garden, and/or chickens, or you are growing some of your own food in some way)
– Great with managing writers, bloggers, and an editorial calendar
– A writing style for newsletters that is engaging and personal
– Awesome at creating SEO-smart headlines
– A wizard with WordPress, HTML, Microsoft Office, Infusionsoft, and email auto-responders
– You have excellent time-management and communication skills with an ability to balance multiple projects.
– You have an entrepreneurial streak in you with the ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth.
– You are great at communicating what you are working on with the rest of the team and are very comfortable with working remotely.
– You are detail-oriented and a fanatic about making filenames/directories/data organization simple and easy to understand.
– Skilled with WordPress, Infusionsoft, auto-responders, funnels, analytics software, HTML coding, and CSS
– Big plusses go for familiarity with MaroPost, Amazon S3, Memberium, Highrise, and Basecamp software.
To give you an idea of what is involved with this position, here is the current punch list of items for the Editorial Director to start working on:
; Create and send newsletters 3 times per week for the TGN free membership and 1 time per week for the TGN Honors Lab members
; Select products and write promotional emails for TGN “Sunday Drops”
; Upload all blog posts and content
; Manage, encourage, recruit, and inspire TGN writers and JV Bloggers
; Work at increasing organic search traffic to the blog * ; Monitor and report on blog traffic stats and other KPIs
; Proof/test/troubleshoot marketing sales funnels
; Write/edit email follow-up sequences that encourage interaction
; Develop and document editorial procedures that streamline organizational processes
; Be an organizational champion for our values (freedom, simplicity, sustainability, usefulness, soil, sunlight, and water)
; Implement the business plan designed for the organization’s explosive growth