Technical Writer for NJVC, LLC in Blue Ridge Summit, PA
Some responsibilities include:
The Technical Writer will prepare SOPs, CONOPS, Technical Guides, Logistical Support Plans, Deployment Plans and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information for Raven Rock Mountain Creek (RRMC) IT more easily.
– Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
– Study drawings, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, standards and detail
– Organize material and complete writing assignment according to DoD standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
– Update, edit, standardize or make changes to material prepared by other writers or RRMC IT personnel
– Confer with RRMC IT sections, customer representatives, vendors or publishers to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
– Interview Subject Matter Experts and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and procedures.
– Observe installations, developmental and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail
– Analyze developments in IT Information Systems and infrastructure to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material
– Review manufacturer’s and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance and service of RRMC IT information systems
– Publish, duplicate and distribute all final products to CD, Hard Copy and RRMC IT SharePoint site
– Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
– Gather usability feedback from customer, designers and manufacturers
– Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase users understanding
– Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
– Standardize content across platforms and media
– Revise documents as new issues arise
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years’ of experience preparing SOPs, CONOPS, Technical Guides, Logistical Support Plans, Deployment Plans and other supporting documents.
– Excellent writing skills required including spelling, grammar, punctuation rules, and sentence structure and style conventions for published materials.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills required with a proven track record of producing professional, clear and concise documentation ensuring accuracy and usability.
– Required Security Clearance: Secret
To find out more visit Indeed.com and search for the position title and company. Apply now. Jobs go fast!