Case Coordinator – National Authorization Team for Cigna
Some responsibilities include:
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate authorization for providers for CBH East and Care Allies. CC’s communicate with Individual and Facility Providers regarding authorization requests for all levels of care( IP, RES, PHP,IOP) for mental health and substance abuse services on behalf of our customers.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Provide exceptional customer service, collaborating closely with inpatient Care Coordinators, Care Managers, facilities and individual providers to ensure proper access and utilization of benefits.
• Responsible for validating HIPAA, verifying eligibility, quoting benefits, providing referrals, and completing authorization and handoff process.
-Utilize workflows to efficiently and accurately make nonclinical decisions and complete authorization and/or handoff process.
• Participate in implementing tasks related to increasing holistic approach to management of customer cases including meaningful engagement, aftercare follow-up planning and integration of services with matrix partners.
• Answering calls as they come in the queue
• Handing cases off when the do not meet Fast Cert criteria
• Processing electronic OBH and Banner auth requests
• Answering Care Allies Customer and Provider calls and processing Care Allies Fast Certs
• Integrating with medical when appropriate
• Researching complicated cases, i.e. eligibility, escalated cases,etc
• Participating in work groups
• Attending and participating in team meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of one year of related work experience
• Strong interpersonal skills with capacity to project warmth and empathy
• Effective listening & organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Experienced and skilled in working with multiple PC systems and applications , efficient in responding to requests while simultaneously maneuvering various computer screens among multiple systems while able to meet metrics and adhere to IEX scheduling requirements.
• Proven customer service skills
NAT operates from 7 am to 7 pm CST
To find out more visit Indeed.com and search for the position title and company. Apply now. Jobs go fast!
work from home, work at home,work from home jobs,work at home jobs,telecommute,telecommuting,remote jobs,remote